ACHIEVEMENT IN MUSIC EXAMS – TEACHER CHECKLIST
This checklist will help you make sure you have met all of the West Suburban MTA requirements for entering your students. Teachers entering students are expected to:
• Become a member of MTNA
• Attend TWO complete West Suburban business meetings and programs
BEFORE the Performance Exams (March 7, 2020)
• Contact Lynette Zelis or Carol Bielke by September 1, 2019 if you are a new member needing a mentor for the AIM process.
• Volunteer to judge or work in the office (per the needs of the schedulers) the required number of hours, based on the number of students entered.
4 hours (1-10 students)
4 1/2 hours (11-15 students)
5 hours (16-20 students)
5 1/2 hours (21-25 students)
6 hours (26 or more students)
• Attend the Theory Judging session–part of regular WSMTA meeting– Thursday, October 3rd 2019 at 9:45 a.m. (applicable only if entering students in Level 3 and up in the Theory exam.)
• Enroll ALL Level 3 and above students for Theory Exams by Tuesday, October 1st, 2019. Additionally, submit online judging form by this date.
• Submit all enrollment fees by Thursday, October 3rd, 2019
.• Theory Exams for Levels 3-12 held on November 16, 2019, with Theory for levels 1A-2 and ALL level Performance Exams held on March 7, 2020.
Teacher Judging Registration Form